Led by Dr. Garbis Der Yeghian, RAGFP Middle East Peace Initiative Chair and accompanied by Palestinian Peace Fellow, Reem Ghuniam, and Israeli Peace Fellow, Yuri Haasz as your local guides.
This second-annual trip serves as an opportunity for peacebuilders to reconnect with Rotary’s Peace Area of focus by advancing goodwill, gaining mutual understanding, and collaborating with peace actors in Israel and Palestine. RAGFP’s educational mission is to establish a citizen diplomacy approach to conflict where we meet, interact, and converse with Israeli and Palestinian grassroots peacebuilders to understand the current opportunities and challenges to Peace in the region. The group will be immersed between both cultures to create a better understanding as to how Rotarian peacebuilders can assist the local communities to advance peace on the ground.
The goal of this trip is to collaborate with Rotarians, locals, and peacebuilders on the ground to develop multi-district peace projects funded by Rotary’s Global Grants to wage peace in the local communities in the Middle East. See our Middle East Flyer.
Who: This trip is for peacebuilders with an interest in a submersive educational opportunity to create peace action in the Middle East. Participants will discuss, collaborate, and engage with local Rotarians, Rotaractors, NGOs, and leaders to enhance the paths to peace in the Middle East. This multiple perspective approach allows for a full, rich conversation for effective peace action in the region.
When: July 3-12, 2020
Where: Tel Aviv, Jerusalem, the West Bank, Ramallah, and Bethlahem
How to register: Space is limited. To express your interest, please email the RAGFP at [email protected] with “Middle East Education Trip” in the subject line. To save your spot, please send the Rotarian Action Group for Peace a check for $1,080 as a deposit for the trip by April 1st, 2020.
The price includes:
- Accomodations for 9 nights at a centralized hotel in Jerusalem
- Breakfast and Dinner
- 1 bus transfer on arrical and 1 bus transfer for departure
- An air conditioned bus on all tour dates
- Entrance fees to all mentioned visit sites.
- All honorarius for the meetings on the Palestinian side.
- Portage at hotels.
Seats are selling out fast! Please send your $1,080 deposit by April 1st, 2020.
DAY 1: Friday, July 3rd
- Arrive in Tel Aviv and transfer to accomodations.
DAY 2: Saturday July 4th
- Breaking the Silence tour of South Hebron Hills led by former soldiers who revealed the human rights injustices and realities of the occupation.
- Walking tour of Palestinian Susya.
DAY 3: Sunday July 5th
- Meet with Dr. Jeff Halper, of the Israeli Committee Against House Demolitions.
- Comparative walking tours of Jerusalem’s Old City, East Jerusalem, and Greater Jerusalem.
DAY 4: Monday July 6th
- Meet with Machsom Watch – Women for human rights and against the occupation.
- Tour of the West Bank and witness daily life for Palestinians who wish for peace.
DAY 5: Tuesday July 7th
- Combatants for Peace parlor meetings.
- Disturbing the Peace movie screening telling the story of the Israeli-Palestinian conflict.
DAY 6: Wednesday July 8th
- Tour of Ramallah hosted by Rotaract Ramallah. Learn about what Rotaractors are doing for peace in conflict zones.
DAY 7: Thursday July 9th
- Visit Mt of Olives and the Austa Victoria Hospital with the Rotaract East Jerusalem.
- Meet representatives from Burj Al Laqlaq.
DAY 8: Friday, July 10th
- See Bethlehem and the Nativity Church.
- Visit the Banksy Hotel, the Separation Wall, and tour the Aida Refugee Camp.
DAY 9: Saturday, July 11th
- Grassroots Jerusalem tour.
- Roundtable discussions with Rotaract East Jerusalem.
- Fundraising event for the orphanage in Bethlehem.
Click Here to download the Middle East Flyer to distribute to your friends, collegues, and Rotary Club members.
To reserve your spot, please send the RAGFP a $1,080 deposit by April 1, 2020.
Only 30 spots available and seats are selling out fast, so reserve your spot today. Please write a check to the Rotarian Action Group for Peace with “Middle East Trip” in the memo line to the address below, then send us an email at [email protected] so we can quickly reserve your spot.
Rotary Action Group for Peace
221 NW Second Ave, Suite 204
Portland, OR 97209 USA